The Bioinformatics Partnering Terms and Agreements report Provides detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter bioinformatics partnering deals, plus access to actual bioinformatics agreements.
- Trends in bioinformatics partnering deals
- Deal terms analysis
- Partnering agreement structure
- Partnering contract documents
- Top deals by value
- Most active dealmakers
- Average deal terms for bioinformatics
>> Download Brochure
The Bioinformatics Partnering Terms and Agreements report provides comprehensive understanding and unprecedented access to the bioinformatics partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter bioinformatics partnering deals. The majority of deals are discovery stage whereby the licensee obtains a right or an option right to license the licensors bioinformatics technology. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
This report provides details of the latest bioinformatics agreements announced in the healthcare sectors.
Bioinformatics is the application of computer science and information technology to the field of biology and medicine. Bioinformatics deals with algorithms, databases, information systems, web technologies, artificial intelligence, information and computation theory, software engineering, data mining, image processing, modeling, simulation, signal processing, discrete mathematics, control systems, and statistics, for generating new knowledge of biology and medicine.
Bioinformatics deals have increased in terms of popularity for partnering in the past decade, as computing power has been embraced in order to speed up the discovery, evaluation and clinical assessment processes.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner’s negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered – contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
This report contains a comprehensive listing of all bioinformatics partnering deals announced since January 2007, including financial terms where available, including over 1500 links to online deal records of actual bioinformatics partnering deals as disclosed by the deal parties. In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of bioinformatics dealmaking and business activities. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in bioinformatics dealmaking since 2007, including details of average headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading bioinformatics deals since 2007. Deals are listed by headline value, signed by bigpharma, most active bigpharma, and most active of all biopharma companies. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 50 bigpharma companies with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of bioinformatics deals, as well as contract documents available in the public domain. Where available, each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of bioinformatics partnering deals signed and announced since January 2007, where a contract document is available in the public domain. The chapter is organized by company A-Z, stage of development at signing, deal type (collaborative R&D, co-promotion, licensing etc), and specific therapy focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in bioinformatics partnering and dealmaking since 2007.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of bioinformatics technologies and products.
Bioinformatics Partnering Terms and Agreements report provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of bioinformatics deal trends since 2007
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Analysis of the structure of bioinformatics agreements with numerous real life case studies
- Comprehensive access to over 1500 actual vaccine contracts entered into by the world’s biopharma companies
- Detailed access to actual bioinformatics contracts enter into by the leading fifty bigpharma companies
- Insight into the terms included in a bioinformatics agreement, together with real world clause examples
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
Bioinformatics Partnering Terms and Agreements is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to bioinformatics trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Bioinformatics Partnering Terms and Agreements includes:
- Trends in bioinformatics dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2007
- Analysis of bioinformatics deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Case studies of real-life bioinformatics deals
- Access to over 1500 bioinformatics contract documents
- The leading bioinformatics deals by value since 2005
- Most active bioinformatics dealmakers since 2007
- The leading bioinformatics partnering resources
In Bioinformatics Partnering Terms and Agreements, the available contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy target
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The Bioinformatics Partnering Terms and Agreements report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 1,500 bioinformatics deals. Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise bioinformatics rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Number of pages:
The report is comprised of 960 pages.