November 6 - 7, 2014
The Project Portfolio Management Certification Master Class will be held November 6 - 7, 2014 at the Hyatt Penn’s Landing in Philadelphia, PA. The course is being led by Dr. Richard Bayney, President & Founder of Project & Portfolio Value Creation.
The Master Class will be held in conjunction with the 12th Annual Strategic Resource Management and 9th Annual Portfolio Management conferences, taking place November 3 - 5, creating a five-day event covering the topics most important to you (see Conference At A Glance).
HOW THIS MASTER CLASS IS DIFFERENT:
- This class begins with well-founded economic and portfolio theory, and quickly moves to practical training in portfolio value maximization using Excel add-in optimization software.
- Economic principles learned in the master class can be used during preparations and analysis for portfolio reviews and executive decision-making right away.
- Unlike other courses that focus on value creation and project prioritization, this master class utilizes a comprehensive approach to value maximization using cutting edge portfolio methodologies within a holistic portfolio
management framework – CREOPMTM.
- Learn how to shape the strategic and financial goals of your company by using compelling and actionable portfolio analysis to influence corporate decision-makers.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The CREOPMTM framework, a proven, step-by-step approach to positioning R&D portfolios for short-, medium-, and long-term success.
- Categorize project and program investments into non-discretionary and discretionary buckets.
- Analyze Risk and assess overall probability of success.
- Evaluate assets using four critical drivers – benefit, risk, cost, time.
- Optimize portfolios to make the best use of constrained budgetary and human resources.
- Prioritize projects using quantitative and qualitative decision criteria.
- Manage risk, resources and stakeholders and improve decision-making under conditions of risk and uncertainty.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Pharmaceutical and biotech industry professionals involved in:
- Clinical Development
- Project, Program & Portfolio Management
- Resource Management
- Licensing & Business Development
THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS:
Day 1 is an intensive day of training from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. while the first portion of Day 2 i.e. from 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. completes the training. Master Class participants then take a 30-minute multiple choice examination followed by a 90-minute portfolio optimization and project prioritization examination. The papers are then graded and issued PPVC certification in Project Portfolio Management to the successful participants.
ABOUT YOUR MASTER CLASS LEADER:
Dr. Richard Bayney is President & Founder of Project & Portfolio Value Creation, a consulting boutique providing training and education in project, program, portfolio, resource, and risk management as well as client services in strategic, business, and portfolio planning. He is an adjunct faculty member at the
University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Bayney is a 23-year veteran of the Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology industry at Merck & Co., Bayer Corp. and AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development. He obtained his M.Sc. and Ph.D. from University of London, MBA from Columbia University, and PMP from the Project Management Institute.
Certification Master Class Flyer
Want to Register by Phone? Contact our Registration department at 781-972-5400 or Toll-free in the US 888-999-6288.
Group Discounts and NIH/Government Discounts Available! Special rates are available for multiple attendees from the same organization and for NIH/Government employees. For more information on group and government discounts contact David Cunningham at 781-972-5472