Wednesday, April 6, 2011*
2 PDUs are available for attending this session
Project Management Keys to Driving Successful Alliances: Key Learnings from Alliance Projects - 2 PDUs12:00-2:00pm
Erik Brenner, MBA, PMP, Senior Project Manager, Biologics Clinical Pharmacology, Centocor Research and Development, a division of Johnson & Johnson, Pharmaceutical R&D, L.L.C.
Project management continues to be a key strategy in helping alliances stay on track and has been employed in rescuing others from the brink of collapse. While many of you who responded to CHI’s 2010 global alliance management survey expressed your understanding of this concept, you also expressed concern about not knowing how to use project management to drive high performing alliances. We will explore this issue and ways to effectively integrate project management and alliance management. The workshop will include discussions on leading virtual teams, achieving results with limited/shared authority, as well as, highlight tools, best practice examples and key learnings from alliance projects.
1) Purpose of Session-Discuss the challenges unique to alliance management efforts-Understand the leading causes of failed alliance efforts-Discuss key project management-based tools and methodologies needed to increase the probability of successfully meeting alliance goals-Learn from each others’ experiences
2) Alliances-Importance of Alliances-Why Alliance Management is Different-Roadblocks to Success- most frequent challenges & keys to success
3) Alliance Management and Organizational Structure-Alliance Governance Structure-Overview of Organizational Structure and Position power - a) Authority of the Project Manager/Alliance Manager & b) Successful Project Management/Leadership Strategies
4) Integration of Project Management and Alliance Management-Overview of The Project Management Framework-Role of the Project Manager vs. Role of the Alliance Manager
5) Project Initiation and Planning-Creation of the Charter-Decision Audit-Stakeholder Analysis-Roles and Responsibilities (RAM/RACI) -Requirement/Scope Definition-Communications Planning-Schedule Development-Use of Network Diagrams in Communication and Understanding
6) Project Risk Management-Identification, Qualitative, Quantitative Analysis-Risk Response Planning-Monitoring and Controlling risks-Application to LL and Next Projects
7) Overcoming Challenges In Execution
8) Monitoring and Controlling-Monitoring and Measuring progress-Change Management-Discussion of Schedule Management Methodologies - critical path & critical chain-Focused Reporting-Issue and Decision Documentation-Project Team Health Assessment
9) Closing-Lessons Learned-Knowledge Retention
Faculty BioErik Brenner, MBA, PMP, Senior Project Manager, Biologics Clinical Pharmacology, Centocor Research and Development, a division of Johnson & Johnson, Pharmaceutical R&D, L.L.C.Erik Brenner is currently a Senior Project Manager and leader of the Sourcing Operations Management Team within Biologics Clinical Pharmacology at Centocor Research and Development. Erik’s team provides functional expertise and project management support for all ClinPharm work conducted with strategic partners and suppliers. With over 10 years of experience in the Pharma industry, Erik has helped build and implement project management training, systems, and methodologies at both BMS and J&J, as well as, work with The Project Management Institute (PMI) to help redesign the Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam.
CHI/Barnett International is a R.E.P. and has been approved by PMI for PDUs
*separate registration required, boxed lunch served
250 First Avenue Suite 300Needham, MA 02494P: 781.972.5400F: 781.972.5425E: firstname.lastname@example.org
biological therapeutic productsbiomarkers & diagnosticsbiopharma strategybioprocess & manufacturingchemistryclinical trials & translational medicinedrug & device safety
drug discovery & developmentdrug targetsgenomicshealthcareit & informaticstechnology & tools for life sciencetherapeutic indications
conferencesreportsbarnett educational servicesconsultingpublications & eNewslettersKnowledge Foundation professional services
executive teamtestimonialschi timelinemailing listcareers