In this webinar, Dr. Michael Goldflam (Pepscan) will present the CLIPSTM discovery pipeline for the development of peptides for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes starting from phage encoded constrained peptide libraries to the optimization of lead compounds. Dr. Fabio Andres (Creoptix), goes deep into the biophysical characterization of molecules using the WAVEsystem for label-free, real-time affinity and kinetics characterization. Discover the benefits of early stage kinetic characterization to complement and validate binding affinity in crude reaction mixtures, biofluids (serum and plasma) and other matrixes.
- Optimization of peptides for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes
- Off-rate screening as a valuable alternative approach to small molecule fragments and peptide selection in drug discovery
- GCI technology can be used as orthogonal validation technique for ELISA data
- Measuring kinetics in biofluids provides valuable insights into a drug’s efficacy
- CLIPSTM as a powerful and bioorthogonal peptide cross linking chemistry
- Identification of CLIPSTM constrained redox-stable macoryclic peptides via phage display and NGS analysis
Dr. Fabio Andres
Dr. Fabio Andres has a strong background in protein biochemistry, cancer drug research and the development of diagnostic assays and biosensor applications. Holding a Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the University of Zurich, he joined Creoptix as an Application Scientist in 2018.
Dr. Michael Goldflam
Director of Peptide Discovery
Dr. Michael Goldflam investigated during his PhD different means to target protein-protein interactions ranging from fragment- based drug discovery at Prof. Ernest Giralt’s lab at IRB Barcelona to mRNA display at Prof. Hiroaki Suga group at the University of Tokyo. The later motivated him to pursue a postdoc in Cambridge where he used cell free display technologies to identify peptides and antibodies for cancer related signaling pathways as part of an academia/industry consortium. In 2016 Michael joined Pepscan where he developed Pepscan’s Peptide Discovery Phage Display platform.
Cost: No Cost!