Sunday, April 3rd | 5:00 – 8:00 pm
SC1: Oligonucleotide Therapeutics: From Discovery to Manufacturing
- Dmitry Samarsky, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Technology & Global Business Development, OliX Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Muthiah (Mano) Manoharan, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Drug Discovery, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Punit Seth, Ph.D., Executive Director, Medicinal Chemistry, Ionis Pharmaceuticals (formerly Isis Pharmaceuticals)
- Alexey Wolfson, Ph.D., Founder and CSO, MirImmune; CEO, Advirna
- Konstantin M. Linnik, Ph.D., Partner, Intellectual Property, Nutter, McClennen & Fish, LLP; former Lead Patent Counsel for Oligonucleotide Therapeutics at Pfizer, Inc.
- Ryszard Kole, Ph.D., Distinguished Scientist, Sarepta Therapeutics
RNAi/antisense oligonucleotides can target virtually any disease causing gene and promise to become a third major class of therapeutics (besides small molecules and biologics). For this to happen, however, several challenges have to be addressed. This workshop will discuss considerations taken into account, when selecting oligonucleotide therapeutic programs: from target and delivery selection to developmental and manufacturing particularities.
Detailed discussion will focus on, but not limited to, the tightly interconnected factors of therapeutic indication, delivery and targets, as well as chemistry manufacturing and controls (CMC), regulatory, cost, and intellectual property considerations. Developers who are seeking a comprehensive and up-to-date overview from recognized oligonucleotide development experts are highly encouraged to join.
*Separate registration required - dinner will be provided